Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It comes forth...The Incident

So some retro pics are up. I was finally able to download these off my camera. More to come now that I can access my card again. Laura at the base of one of the water falls at the site of, "The Incident."

Imagine all these birds going up...something has to come down.
Laura and our friend Angela.
A little hike back in to the woods to get away from the seal that was following us.
So the story goes. We went kayaking in Whittier before we got on the ship to head south. It was a pretty good day, first time the town had seen sun in a couple of weeks. We met up with Angela, suited up for our kayak trip and launched off. It was the first time Laura and I had ever been sea kayaking, some of you may have heard about the tandem river trip we took the year before but thats another story.
Angela guided us out and things were going fine and I'm looking around my boat and thinking to myself, " I'm very vulnerable right about now, I mean anything can just come right up and tip this sucker over." So I decided to ask Angela about it. She says it has never happened in Whittier but she heard of a sea lion smashing a guys boat down in the San Fran Bay. Out of the corner of my eye, a shadow begins to lurk in the water. A head pops up...it a seal, a big one. Following us. We rushed to the next cove with it following no less than 10 feet behind Laura. We later find out it was a harbor seal and doesn't really do much, just curious. Not so exciting, but a nice experience for us. We continue to paddle out to the other side of the bay to a seagull rookery. The following is what occurred, identities have been masked to protect the innocent.





1 comment:

  1. There is a Peruvian belief that being crapped on by a bird will bring you money. So play the lottery!!!

    ReplyDelete